Whether you are looking to save your students money on the cost of course materials or simply want every student to have their course materials on the first day of class, the CSU Affordable Learning Solutions (AL$) program empowers you to teach your class - your way - without sacrificing quality.
Reducing Financial Barriers and Increasing Student Completion
- The expanding implementation of affordable learning solutions is contributing to many CSU students having equitable access to course materials on the first day of class. Low or no cost course materials are also supporting the retention and completion of coursework enabling more faculty and students to experience the positive impact of affordable learning solutions.
- The campus-based AL$ programs reported over $40M student savings and the bookstores saved our students over $32M with their cost-cutting programs. Thus, the potential course materials savings for CSU students was over $72M because interested faculty stepped up to redesign their courses to incorporate low or no cost materials.
- AL$ relies on the voluntary efforts from each campus and especially from interested faculty on each campusThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab..
To learn more about adopting low or no cost resources for your course, please contact
- Your campus AL$ coordinator or
- Contact AL$ at the CSU Chancellor’s Office