Leading the CSU in reducing publisher course materials’ costs with student access to the materials on the first day of class.
San Diego State's Immediate/Opt Out Access program continues to expand and grows in popularity.
- SDSU's Aztec Shops are projecting to have 150 classes participate in their Immediate Access programThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab. during the 2018/2019 academic year. Potentially 42,000 students may opt to participate and save 4 million dollars on their course materials.
- Since Spring 2016 SDSU has had 102 courses participate in the program and over 21,500 students have taken advantage of the savings and having digital materials the first day of class. SDSU student cumulative savings by taking advantage of the Immediate Access programThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab. through Summer 2018 will be over 2.1 million dollars.
- Fall 2017 the Immediate Access programThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab. expanded to twenty-one classes providing 8,850+ SDSU students immediate access to their digital materials.
- Immediate Access - First Day of Class was first piloted in Spring 2016 with 2 classes and 489 students.
- Note the level of coordination with key stakeholders on campus have made this program a success so far.